What do you do with an idea?
Entrepreneurship and Business Academy at Kempsville High School
The overall goal of the Entrepreneurship and Business Academy is to provide students the business skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in any career related fields of study in post-secondary education and in the workforce.
· successfully complete a sequential program of study that focuses on specific skills, knowledge and technology in the fields of entrepreneurship, business information technology and corporate finance.
· have opportunities to earn an Associate’s degree/post-secondary credit.
· exceed the objectives of Virginia Beach City Public Schools curricula and Commonwealth of Virginia Standards of Learning tests.
· participate in job shadowing, mentoring, and/or internship programs that extend, enrich, and refine student learning and create linkages with the academic and business communities.
· complete a long-term project through an internship/mentorship experience with a culminating presentation in the senior year featuring an in-depth study of an issue of related concern to their related industry and present ideas/solutions as viable options to address the issue to a panel of business and community leaders.
The Academy will:
· establish collaborative agreements with institutions of higher education that result in on-going program development and assessment.